Horus has a core of employees, who have completed high levels of education in Security or Intelligence related subjects. In addition there is an international cadre of specialist security consultants with Military Intelligence or Specialist Police backgrounds. However, Horus also recruits non-graduates who are able to demonstrate a particular aptitude for technology and possess inquisitive and analytical minds.
Full details of vacancies can be found below. If you wish to be considered for a future role, please send you CV using the contact form at the bottom of this page.
All applicants undertake a rigorous selection process which includes online aptitude tests, assessment centres, analytical exercises and several interviews, thus ensuring that all successful candidates meet Horus’ exacting range of requirements and abilities.
On appointment all of our Researchers, Analysts and Investigators undertake a structured training programme, broken down into separate modules, wherein they are taught every aspect of intelligence and security. Lessons are delivered by both in-house and external experienced personnel, and our training and development programme has been developed following a thorough Training Needs Analysis of our working practices.
Lead Full Stack Software Engineer
Date Posted – 15/02/2021
Horus Security Consultancy Ltd wishes to recruit a ‘Lead Full Stack Software Engineer’ to help Horus continue to advance and grow our IT capability.
The Software Engineer will report to the Head of IT and will be responsible for assisting with the development of a number of technical and innovative projects, involving:
- Developing front end website architecture.
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimisation for mobile phones.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Developing back end website applications.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Designing and developing Microservices and APIs.
- Provision and deploying applications to Cloud.
- Working alongside lead and domain experts to understand operational requirement and transfer requirements to software.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
Successful applicants must have:
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering Science.
- Proficiency with server side languages such as Node/Express, Typescript.
- Proficiency with database technology such as MongoDB, Elasticsearch.
- Familiarity with cloud services, e.g., AWS or Azure.
- Knowledge of Hybrid Mobile app framework, e.g., Ionic, Cordova.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
Job Type: Full-time – permanent Employee
Salary: £35,000.00-£45,000.00 per year depending on experience.